ACIM Blog - David Hoffmeister A Course in Miracles

Saturday, September 5, 2009

Pouring one's Heart out -sharing from ACIM & Awakening experiences

David,

I have been a student of it for about 4 years now and have been experiencing a lot. I don't know if you are familiar with the book Take me to truth: Undoing the Ego? The process in that book is what I have been going through. Total relinquishing of my old ego self, or some call it The Dark Night of the Soul. The process has taken about four years and I think Im in the final stages now. For about the past year I have been pretty much isolated from the world and in solitude, like a catipillar in its cocoon. My old life has gone and a clean slate is presented to me for new beginnings but im kind of in the in between space of old and new life waiting patiently and trusting the Holy Spirit, letting go of Ego control. All I want to do now is teach and learn the truth. I love connecting with other ACIM teachers and students and I hope to learn from there experiences, so I look forward to learning from you and am honoured to be your friend on facebook.

Love and Blessings

____________________________________________________________________________________

David,

I am very knew to Course...came to know about it trough Gary Renard book Dissapearance Of The Universe...and i was kind of surprised how it make me feel...i like it...i was never so much into God and Jesus...although was brought up by as Catholic....anyway,i love reading course,but is going very slowly,i find it hard as well...but i understood is kind of normal that way....

___________________________________________________________________________________

David,

I have read in brief ACIM at one point in my life, but it is not something I have studied in depth. I am delighted by those that do use its principles, such as the well known Marianne Williamson. I am a student of Sant Mat, the path of the Masters, which teaches meditation on the inner light and sound of God irrespective of what religion one belongs to, as no conversion is required....it is simply a matter of inversion. It is so wonderful to be entering into the golden age with so many many methods of bringing in the Light. The website for this kind of meditation is www.sos.org
My pleasure to connect with you.

Warmly

____________________________________________________________________________________

David,

I have found the course quite recently reading the disaperence of the universe about a year ago and quickly buying the course book and reading the text through. I started the work book lessons about 2 months ago and have just found real peace and devotion to the lessons, without to much unconcious resistence. For me I can't really tell you how amazing it is to have found what I was looking for all these years, it explains everything for me about the world and my seeming self, I realise now that in the years running up to life with the course, I had found God, and released myself from most of the ego's useless journeys. The learning of my forgiveness lessons and the return to god are the only things important to me now, for in them are all things complete and at peace. I would love to hear of your experiences and benifit from your experience, especially about life after the work book, much love and many thanks for getting in touch.

___________________________________________________________________________________

David,

Around 2002 I was having a typical vivid dream that I have experienced since the age of two. In this dream I was looking threw a telescope. Being this was a typical cheep Kmart telescope it was hard to see the star I was looking at as it was fuzzy and very shaky. The fuzziness then stopped and the star became very clear, and my view of the star became two dimensional as I was seeing the star with both eyes now. The view then changed to were I could then see the entire solar system very clear. The view then expanded to me now viewing the entire universe clear and very colorful. By this time my vision was very three dimensional and the view was astonishing. Next I could see the entire universe with the same color, clarity and detention. I was looking at the entire universe and it surrounded me. Next I could see the entire universe and the ends of the universe. I remember thinking how small it actually looked from my vantage point. At that moment beyond the universe I was seeing a grid of light formed like stars that was endless and in order but this had no end and went on forever and I feel the eternity, it was kind of a refreshing feeling and calm. I then awoke.

One night in 2003 I was very restless in bed as usual. My radio was on and a radio show, Coast to Coast AM had a guest named Gary Renard. Although Gary’s interview was cut short and the host of the show was clearly irritated with the topic of true oneness and forgiveness the moment for some reason stuck with me. I ran out the next day and purchased The Disappearance of the Universe. This is the only book in my life I could not put down. For some reason I knew that what I was reading was true. The next step was finding ACIM, I purchased it and was unable to put he book down even to the point of leaving work four hours early to read. One astounding thing I have found is how the two books have no contradiction as all and are the only consistent things I have found in this world, they do not compromise at any time. After that Gary second book came out and as usual I could not put that down also.

I started to practice forgiveness immediately and found that a great place to start was while driving to work and on the way home, things that I found upsetting I started to forgive. The end result has been peace, this peace has been noticed by the people around me. It is true that it is very easy to do but hard to remember that you should do it. I just know that I was to find this in this life and start my was home which is a very comforting thought. From what I have seen I am very fortunate to have found this at what many have considered to be a very early age and to understand it. One side effect of this has been heath, I am a disabled combat veteran but for some reason I only have about five percent of the problems I had in the past. On one can tell me that true forgiveness dose not work.

Not a day goes by I do not forgive, if I am dreaming then I chose to have a happy dream and to love my brothers. I understand now that it is the only thing I can do and the only thing I can give, and I love that.

____________________________________________________________________________________

David,

Well this is funny, I just recently heard about you through a friend who also studies the course. I've been studying it for a few years now, and I've had my ups and downs with it. Although I think I understand a lot of it, I still feel I'm new at this, and I don't yet have so much practical experience, except that I do forgive everything that seemingly happens to me, eventually. And as much as I would like to keep my mind focused on a single purpose, I do tend to get distracted all too often in the affairs of the world.

For instance, I still believe I have to look for that special someone, a special relationship of some sort, to feel happy or completed. Maybe it's a waste of time and effort, but I can't help it. I know not to seek outside myself. And if I would feel my true Unity I wouldn't. But for now, the search continues, and that search, I acknowledge, is for my Self.

Also, I would like to learn to let go of all control and let myself be guided. I guess that takes a lot of practice with trial and error, to see which voice is the only one worth listening to. Hopefully, it won't take me too long.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

David,

Nice to know you!

I teach spiritual development in the UK, and my courses are having an increasing ACIM slant on them since I've become a student! I've taught in Slovenia and I'm going to teach in Sydney in january 2010! Not quite the jetsetter that you have been!

I host an ACIM Study Group in my home, and am just starting a Spiritual Discussion Group which will also be heavily influenced by ACIM ... now THERE's a surprise!

I write to a man on Death Row in Oklahoma and have visited him a few times, as well as visiting friends including my teacher, Margaret McElroy in Seattle. She channels Ascended Master Maitreya.

Blessings to you

____________________________________________________________________________________

ACIM came to me when I shed away so much of the past and shifted my life forward to better accommodate GOD and his purpose for me. So much light appeared before my very eyes upon first opening the course. The light has been shining so brightly ever since...guiding me HOME. Even when it gets cloudy I know that all I have to do is ask for forgiveness and release myself into GOD. I am getting my degree in SPIRITUAL COUNSELING and I trust my gifts and my ability to use them in SPIRIT. There is a new spiritual development center opening up here in Eugene and I was just asked to be on the Board of Directors. Perhaps once we get things up and running you could come in and speak your voice. God bless you and may you always feel the love.

____________________________________________________________________________________

Hi David,

I am new to ACIM, my mum & brother (they live in UK) have been doing it for about a year, and I was drawn to it about 2 months ago. It resonates with me fully & at the moment it is just helping me with every day type things, annoyances, feeling blue or lonely. I am a graphic designer & whenever i get inspired i design something out of the thing that has inspired me, so i am designing a funky & fun set of cards out of the lessons so it makes it more fun to do!

THanks for connecting...I'm going to my first ACIM group in sydney this tuesday so I shall hopefully meet some like minded friends :)

love

____________________________________________________________________________________

David,

I briefly met you and went to your talk at the ACIM Conference in San Francisco in February. I really enjoyed your comments, your discussion and your peace that is so incredible. I have been studying ACIM for about 5 years and find it so amazing. It is definitely my spiritual path. I attend a small ACIM group every Wednesday night where we read parts of it and discuss them. I also attended Gary Renard's workshop when he came to Lake Tahoe in July. I listen to the lessons on my ipod in my car most all the time while driving and read a lot of material about it. The fact that we are not these bodies resonates big with me as I spent the first 40 years of my life as a man, fathered two wonderful children and went through a lot to be who I thought I should be. This was after being a 2 time cancer survivor. Cancer changed my life and has now been gone for 12 years and is never coming back. I changed to Julie 10 years ago but have dealt with a lot of guilt from it. If I had found ACIM before I may have made different choices but my gender change is maybe the only reason I found the truth. My life now is very good, I am a picture of health and beside no one wanting to date me because of this I am very happy with my life. I have 2 more years until retirement at only 55 and I hope to become more involved in the ACIM community at that time. Almost no one guesses about my past when meeting me but I usually tell the people I care about because it allows me to be honest and share my past. Recently my studies of ACIM seem to be telling me that I don't need to ever tell this because the past doesn't exist. This is an area that I still have trouble with and lessons to learn. I hope you will keep these facts between you and I as my newer Facebook friends don't know. If you are ever in Sacramento, CA I would love to meet you again and have a chat or attend one of your talks. Thanks again for the invite. I look forward to staying in contact with you.

With Love and Light

_____________________________________________________________________________________

David,

I was first introduced to ACIM about four years ago. I couldn't understand a word of it. Just sounded like blah blah blah to me. Then I had an OBE and was led back to it. This time I understood it perfectly. I read Ken Wapnick "Absence of Felicity" and "Journey without Distance". I found it helpful to understand who Helen and Bill were, as characters, their mystical journey, the connection to Hugh Lynn Cayce and the voice of course.

I am going through something similar in some ways. I just picked up the course again about two weeks ago. My "voice" banned me off reading except the Ribhu Gita, for the past six months or so. Ribhu is pure non duality without the Christian perspective, and the psychological aspects, of course. However, the guidance has been to return to the Christ consciousness. The other odd coincidence is that I am entrained with a girl who recently became close to the course of miracles monk, Jamie. He is a current student of Ken's. And I actually have Ken's phone number in my inbox, as I was guided to call him. I have not because I have no idea what I would say.
Well, if you would like to continue this holy relationship I would love to share with you.

blessings

_____________________________________________________________________________________

David,

As for the CIM, i'm more like a novice. I pick it up every now and then. My goal is to get into it and read in more consistantly. I feel such peace when I do read it. Although sometimes it is hard for me to take it all in. Reading Gary Renards book "Disapearance of the Universe" really helped me understand it more. Right now im going through a challenging time as with many others regarding issues at my job and finances and what I want to do in life. It feels like im not getting anywhere. I feel like things in my life are repeating. I guess I haven't learned the lesson yet. I have to remember who I really am and remember only God is real. I see your also friends Sonia Ross on here. She is a friend of mine, I remember her forwarding your emails to me years ago. I thought they where awesome.

____________________________________________________________________________________

David,

I would LOVE to have ACIM friends. I have read ACIM but did not finish the course. I look forward to learning more from you. I had some very interesting and strange experiences with seeing the world differently; I think I kind of panicked because I felt I was having trouble continuing to relate to everyone around me, know what I mean?

____________________________________________________________________________________

Hi David,

I started studying A Course In Miracles this past May. It has changed how I see everything. I am very excited for this new way to see the world and myself. Every relationship I have has been healed on some level by my practicing forgiveness. I would very much like to have friends who are also practicing.

Peace and Love

____________________________________________________________________________________

David,

I have been reading the course for three years and still have a long way to go, Some things from the course that work for me are: I am as God created me, his son can suffer nothing, and I am his son, and; I am blessed as a son of God. Practicing forgiveness is very important to me, I have read both of Gary Renard's books and thats why I practice forgivness. Gary's book for easier for me to read than the course and I have read each book 3 times and can't wait for the 3rd. The course is a much slower read for me but the forgivness in constant and daily. I know Jesus is proud.

____________________________________________________________________________________

Hi David:

Any friend of A Course in Miracles is a friend of mine. I have been studying/practicing inner arts of healing and self-actualization all my life. In fact, it's the only interesting thing! Currently finishing my third book, on Self-Actualization. Glad to hear any news.

Best wishes

____________________________________________________________________________________

I have read A Course In Miracles (many years ago) and at one time in my life used "Nothing real can be threatened, nothing unreal exists" a lot in my self-talk. I haven't read any of it a long time -- mainly because the language is kind of off-putting to me. My favorite was The Teacher's Manual that I read at least three times over the years. Enjoy the rest of your week and have a great weekend!

Peace, Love & Blissings

____________________________________________________________________________________

David,

I have used and taught ACIM principles for nearly 30 years, pioneering groups in a few Unity churches and still weave the principles in with everything I teach. ACIM is the foundation. Of course, the more I study, the more I realize what a beginner I am ...and all is well :-)

____________________________________________________________________________________

David,

Dear David,

Thanks for your friend request. Yes I am a student of the course and I have been for about 4 years. I have always been a seeker but culdn't find something I could fully commit to until I came across ACIM. Something I had never heard about until 2005 where - all of a sudden - I heard 3-4 different people mention it within the same month. So I thought I better pick it up and check it out... and so I did:o)

It hasn't been a journey without bumps but definitly a journey I want to take and the way home for me.

I met you, by the way, in Ã…rhus some years ago and I am friends with Jacob and Maria (When Stilness Comes:) And just yesterday I listened to a beautiful song on your myspace page sung by Helena and today I'm humming "only in the name of love, no jury no judge" Ahh:D

___________________________________________________________________________________

David,

Thank You for reaching out. Sending blessings to You!

I'm rather new to ACIM. I bought the book early this year and am slowly making my way through... and when I say slowly, I mean that I'm only at about Chapter 6.

I found especially the work on detaching meaning from everything has been very helpful. Sometimes I will find myself getting worked up about something and remember that it's only because of the meaning I have attached to it. It creates an automatic shift back to a place of peace and honoring Source and Higher Self.

It sounds as though you have a tremendous amount of experience with ACIM. What has been your most profound shift as a result of studying ACIM?

Looking forward to connecting and supporting you in your journey.

Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment